Another common question concerns the lack of a finalized product. A client may ask me,
How do I get around the fact that I really don’t have a product yet? I’ve built an opt-in list but don’t feel like I know what to offer them exactly.
You can actually use launch techniques to figure out what to offer your list members! What do I mean?
Simply ask the list. Take a conversational tone and ask them. You could say something like, “If you could ask me anything about this topic,what would it be?”
Here’s the overall game plan:
- Build a mailing list.
- Develop a good relationship with the list.
- Find out what they want or need by asking them to take a survey.
- Create the product they want.
- Tell your list that you’ve got the solution.
- Launch the product.
- Get paid and deliver your product.
- Ask for feedback.
- Relaunch the product.
That’s the launch cycle. As you see, the idea is to let your audience tell you how you can best serve them. That way, they get a product they really want and need.